- Install the driver
If you install from the Epson Software CD-ROM you will see the following screen after you insert the CD and double-click on the Mac OS X folder.
This screen depends on the language used on your Macintosh and the printer model. The image below shows the English, French and Italian folders:
- In the English, French and Italian folders you will find software like Epson Easy Photo Print and Epson Print CD, this software will differ depending on your printer model. Double-click on the Printer Driver folder.
- In the Printer Driver folder, double-click on the installer (either Installer.pkg or the VISE installer).
- You will need Administrator rights to install the driver. The illustration below gives 'EPSON' as an example, but you will need to enter your own Mac account Name and Password, then click OK.
- Read through the License Software Agreement carefully. Click on Accept to continue.
- You will see the following screen. Select Easy Install, and click on the Install button. The installation starts.
- When the installation is complete, you must restart your Macintosh.
- Add the printer to the Macintosh
Now you must install and configure the printer. For USB or FireWire printers, you should first connect the printer to the Mac. Next, open Print Center (Mac OS 10.1.x & 10.2.x) or Printer Setup Utility (Mac OS 10.3 & 10.4). This is located in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder:
- Launch Print Center or Printer Setup Utility to open the Printer List.
- Click Add:
- For 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 this will open the following browser dialogue window. For Power PC Macs running 10.4 (Tiger), this will open the Printer Browser - click More Printers to open this screen.
- Make sure the connection type is EPSON USB if using a USB connection. If you are using a different interface connection e.g. FireWire, select the appropriate EPSON option from the menu (e.g. EPSON AppleTalk, EPSON FireWire, EPSON TCP/IP):
- You should now see your printer model showing in the Printer Browser window, click on this once. To add all Page Setup options, click on the pull-down menu beside Page Setup and select All. This will add all the Page Setup driver options shown in the menu. If you only select one option, an application's Print dialogue will offer that driver type only.
'Standard' will allow you to print from the automatic sheet feeder, and it will print with a border. It will not allow you to print borderless, or for printers that support it, it will not allow you to print using the roll paper feed path.
- Click Add. The printer will be listed in the Printer List.
- You are now ready to print, the Epson printer driver can be selected in both Page Setup and Print. Epson driver options (e.g. Print Settings / Printer Settings, Color Management) can be accessed under Copies & Pages in the Print dialogue.