Epson launches world’s smallest 3LCD laser projector*
Enjoy flexibility and premium styling with Epson’s portable laser projector
Epson’s first portable laser projector has been designed to be as flexible as possible for home users, in both usability and design. The EF-100W/B is Epson’s smallest laser projector 1, measuring just 23cm along its longest edge, and will be available from June.
The EF-100W/B makes Epson’s bright, vivid and long-lasting laser technology available in a compact and lightweight chassis, in either a black or white casing.
By using a laser light source and locating the vents and power inlet on the side, the engineers at Epson have developed a projector that is compact and can be placed and project in any direction. This gives users more flexibility as to where they can project onto such as a wall, ceiling or floor. It also has the capability to project up to 150 inches - ideal for supersizing content. Even in daylight, the laser light source delivers a bright and vibrant picture, so there’s no need to turn lights off, block windows or even use a screen. Additionally, wonky and distorted images can be avoided by using the auto picture adjustment feature.
Offering a long-term and maintenance-free solution, the laser light source lasts up to 20,000 hours. This provides great value for money as it allows the projector to be used every day for ten years 2.
Complementing its portable design, the EF-100W/B offers a swift and simple set-up. Users can launch the Welcome Guide to learn how to set up the projector and discover its key features. Furthermore, the remote makes it easy to navigate the user-friendly interface.
Accessing content from a phone, tablet, DVD player, games console or laptop is easy by inserting a cable into the HDMI port. Streaming content is simple too - devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Roku and Apple TV can be plugged in the back.
The plug and play design also incorporates flexible options for sound: built-in speakers, Bluetooth connectivity for sound bars or a headphone jack. There’s also a sound mode to reflect the type of content being shown.
The EF-100W/B has been designed for style-conscious users. The white EF-100W features silver accents while the black EF-100B has copper edging. Both models feature rounded corners, minimal buttons and a tactile, leather-like finish.
Amy Ng, product manager, Epson Europe, says: “This projector offers something different to our portfolio. As well as being stylish, it offers great functionality for home users with its compact size and long-lasting and high-quality laser light source.
In addition, we believe this projector has the potential to tap into the small business market appealing to sales people delivering presentations, professional photographers and designers showing their portfolio on location, and boutique business owners such as beauty salons looking for affordable and creative display solutions.”
The EF-100W/B is available from June 2019.
• Stylish finishes (EF-100W white and silver/EF-100B black and copper)
• Compact (WxDxH/mm:210x227x88)
• Lightweight (2.7kg)
• Long-lasting and high-quality laser light source (20,000 hours/ 12,000 hours 2)
• Vibrant and realistic images even in daylight (3LCD technology, 2,000lm, 2,500,000:1 dynamic contrast)
• Big display size (up to 150 inches)
• HD resolution
• Project on almost any surface and in any direction (laser light source, vents and power inlet on the side)
• Stress-free set up (welcome guide, remote)
• Automatic picture adjustment (keystone correction vertical +/- 45, horizontal +/- 40)
• Simple to stream content (1x HDMI 2.0,1x USB)
• Easy sound options (built-in 5W speaker, Bluetooth audio connectivity, headphone jack)
• Low fan noise (26db / 29db)
2. Based on watching content for five hours every day with the projector in Eco mode.