Epson launches its first business printers to use PrecisionCore
Exclusive technology powers new printers for any business
As part of its new approach to business printing, Epson has introduced the Epson Workforce Pro 5000 series - a new series of single and multi-function printers designed to offer high quality output, durability, and cost and energy efficiency for all sized businesses.
This range of business printers is the first to feature Epson’s new PrecisionCore printhead technology, a next-generation inkjet printing technology that delivers high-speed solutions for commercial, industrial and office printing.
“PrecisionCore offers a leap forward in printing performance,” says Kelvin Reynolds, General Manager of Epson South Africa. “We continue to deliver outstanding quality thanks to superior dot control, and have now introduced a new and original system to ensure reliability.
“Together with our new PrecisionCore technology, the new WorkForce Pro 5000 series offers small, medium and large businesses a new approach to printing based on choice, performance, economy and ecology. We have responded to users’ demands for high-quality, reliable, functional, high-performance and cost-effective products, which this new printer series will deliver,” says Reynolds.
The Epson WorkForce Pro 5500 series includes four models: The WF-5690DWF, WF-5190DW, WF-5620DWF and the WF-5110DW. These printers have all been designed to cut costs and reduce environmental impact, and are suitable for small and medium offices, as well as large enterprises and public organisations. The printer range offers businesses these significant benefits:
Low running costs
- Up to 50 percent lower cost per page than competitive colour lasers
- Print more with high capacity ink cartridges of 4,000 pages
- Permanent printhead means there are fewer components to replace
- Up to 80 percent lower energy consumption compared to colour lasers
- Clean technology
- Fewer parts to replace
- Uses fewer, space-saving supplies
- Helps businesses meet environmental targets
- Faster than a laser on typical print jobs
- Up to 34ppm mono print speed or 30ppm colour print speed
- High paper capacity of 580 sheets which means less time spent refilling
- Monthly duty cycle of 35,000 pages
- Automatic double-sided printing (double-sided scanning, copying and faxing on multifunction models)
- Easy-change ink cartridges means fast replacement with no training
Built for business
- Laser-like features and quality
- PrecisionCore technology
- Wi-Fi Direct™ lets you print from wireless devices without connecting to a router
- Epson DURABrite Ultra ink
- Scan-to-functions on WF-5620 and WF-5690
- USB direct print for PC-free printing
- Email Print for enterprise compatibility
- Epson Connect lets you easily print from tablets, smartphones and more
For further information of this range of printers visit: http://www.epson.co.za/za/en/viewcon/corporatesite/cms/index/10933 or call 011 465 9621
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that is dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a product line-up ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for enterprise and the home, to sensors and other microdevices.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 78,000 employees in 99 companies around the world, and is proud of its on-going contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates.
About Epson sub-Saharan Africa
Epson’s operations in sub-Saharan Africa were established in 1997 with headquarters based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Since then, Epson has established a panel of distributors and resellers throughout sub-Saharan Africa who are dedicated to serving Epson’s end-consumers with the highest quality products and levels of support. Epson now manages sales and support in 21 sub-Saharan African countries including South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Lesotho, Zambia, Malawi, Angola, Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Southern Sudan, Eritrea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. http://www.epson.co.za