Epson announces its flexible parts feeder systems at Motek 2019
The integrated and flexible Parts Feeders (IF240 and IF530) will be on show at Motek 2019, Stuttgart, Hall 7, Stand 7125, 7-10 October
7th October 2019– Today, Epson launches the IF240 and IF530 Parts Feeders into European markets. These Parts Feeders deliver simple and affordable feeding solutions to accommodate a wide variety of parts for advanced applications in medical, consumer, automotive, electronics and more. They’re truly integrated and flexible in order to eliminate costly and time-consuming retooling. This allows manufacturers to work with a wide variety of parts without the need to purchase new equipment.
Epson’s fully integrated robotic solutions support a straightforward approach to set-up and configuration. The Parts Feeders work in conjunction with Epson RC+ Development Software to provide a step-by-step approach to system configuration. An easy-to-use wizard makes it simple to set up the Parts Feeders to the exact parameters needed for many different part types.
Volker Spanier, head of robotic solutions EMEA, says: “The IF240 and IF530 Parts Feeder systems meet a growing need for ‘high mix - low volume’ parts singulation. The integration of the parts feeders with Epson robots 1and vision systems, into a single development environment, can reduce development time, and provide manufacturers with operational efficiency and quick part changeovers.” He adds, “We’re also pleased with the wide array of parts and materials supported, which include: fasteners, clips, diaphragms, connectors, components, brackets, and tubes; with supported material types of plastic, metal and rubber.”
Key features of the IF240 and IF530, include:
- High-performance parts-feeding solution– powered by Epson robots, software, and Vision Guide
- Simple setup and configuration– fully integrated with Epson RC+ Development Software
- Point-and-click interface– helps reduce the typical development time required for advanced applications
- Flexible parts handling– supports parts from 5 to 40mm (IF240) and 30 to 150mm (IF530)
- Quick parts changeover– feeder offers easy setup to accommodate different parts for reduced total cost of ownership
- Compatible with a wide range of parts– supports simple to complex parts, as well as delicate materials
- Smart auto-tuning– automatically adjusts the feeders’ parameters for the setup of new parts
- Unique directional vibration capabilities– multi-axis vibration technology for optimised parts control and singulation
- Backlight options– red, green, blue, white and infrared available
- Footprint(length x width x height) - 300 x 171 x 132mm (IF240) and 600 x 372 x 320mm (IF530)
The IF240 and IF530 Parts Feeders will be available from October 2019.
For further information about Epson at Motek 2019, visit www.epson.eu/motek